5.16.2010

I’m Not Jenny

I’m not captain of the cheerleading squad. I’m not Homecoming queen. I’m not even seen. Nope. I never have been. I don’t have long, beautiful hair. I don’t have a lot of money. I’m not the best student in my class. I don’t have nice teeth. No, actually, I have braces. They’re hideous. I’m not tall and thin. I don’t party on the weekends. I don’t go on dates. Boys don’t even notice me. I don’t get a call from a friend asking me to go see a movie or get a bite to eat. My weekends consist of sitting home babysitting my little brother, walking the dogs, and doing homework. Oh, yeah, and spending hours trying to figure out how to be pretty and popular. I haven’t been too successful though. Jenny. Oh, how badly I want to be like Jenny! When she passes in the hall, it’s like a celebrity walks by. Me? When I walk by, no one even notices. I’m not Jenny. Nope. Not me. It seems that no matter how hard I try, I never will be. Well, at least not until my acne clears up, I can get rid of my glasses, and I can tame my wild, frizzy hair.

No comments: