1.14.2017

Not Jenny

Just like many others, I wanted to be Jenny too. I don't know why. Why does anyone want to be Jenny? I realized my sophomore year of college that I couldn't try anymore. I wanted my music louder, my clothes blacker, and my attitude worse. Jenny likes to be skinny but I like cheeseburgers. I tried to be skinny like Jenny and ended up stuck in group therapy with other girls who tried to be too skinny like jenny. I don't want to be skinny anymore. I realized that there is no jenny. Because even the Jenny that I wasted my time comparing myself to is comparing herself to another Jenny who is also comparing herself to another Jenny. Jenny is a social construct perpetuated by society and media to try to keep women in line. I don't buy it and I don't want it. Jenny isn't real. There is no jenny.

No comments: