4.25.2007

Not Jenny 27

"I'm off to another convention!" Jenny yells. She is talking and expertly maneuvering her wheeled shoulder bag down the crowded sidewalk. "You pack lightly, I see." I yell back at her. "Well yes," she responds, "but I also check my large, red, empty suitcase which, of course, will be full on the return flight. As usual, I plan to S-H-O-P my hot little ass off!" Later, I share this story with our colleague Amanda who then reminds me about how she once saw Jenny drop $1500 bucks on a pair of sunglasses at the mall. I look appropriately shocked. "I told you that, remember?" Amanda says, "That was the same trip when she and I stopped at the food court and Jenny told the Wendy's cashier that her tax dollars cashed her welfare check and so she better not fuck up our order."

No comments: